Monday, March 09, 2015

Pensive Packer Patriots Ponderings

I still love the Packers, but every year I have to pray they dont play the Pats, especially in the SuperBowl. (For Peter Bochner)

Don Hudson, End, Packers, Racine, Wis.
I still love the Packers, but every year I have to pray they dont play the Pats, especially in the SuperBowl.

Because I love Tom Brady and the Pats too.

My friends from Wisconsin, who are in Calif. but cant remember when they were cheering for Joe Montana, so they put me down, but they still love me for who I am, fortunately. But they get a kick out of calling me a traitor. For being honest.

When the Pats played the Packers this year I just sat there with my  mouth opened looking left then right then left. I cheered for the football, because I could not remember which was my team.

I was wearing a Packer hat when Jake and I saw the first half of that game v Seahawks. But I felt that they left at least  7 points if no more on the table by kicking on 4th instead of going for it in the first half. But they were off to a great start.

Wo but how could they miss a fake punt, flub an off side kick, and slide on an interception (or kick I forget) when they should have been playing aggressively and smartly as long as the clock was ticking. I blame the coach - these guys were far less schooled, disciplined and ready to play than the Patriots, who triumped (barely, but manfully) v the same Ubermen of Seattle in the big one.

But we Pats people know what Pete Carroll is capable of, dont we?

I saw my old buds in S.F. two weeks ago, and we watched the classic interception of Butler (over and over - w me filling in all the tidbit details only Pats people have come to clutch - "a year ago he was working at Popeyes!") - and they were still solemn (because they'd come to loathe the Seahawks, they'd been pulling for Pats) and getting able to admit that the Pats - I mean Pack - were not ready for that one. Gee but Aaron Rogers did his part in pain I must say.

No comments: