Sunday, April 01, 2018

Last month this week Apr 1 2018

Scylla, you're breaking my art


Any Sunday you can still go down and buy the Boston Herald, and the colorful tales of Prince Valiant. It kind of amazes me. This is something "from the vault" that first ran on Moon Herald in 2014. I am not sure why I pulled it up again, except for general amazement.

Imp Bannon at crux of collusion


Cambridge Analytica has been dramatically in the news, and has now been tied to Facebook and to Steve Bannon, Trump's Iago (not that The Donald is a noble Moor at all). Why this is here: We have a link between feedback, computers, and news -  major Moon Traveller preocupations.

That’s Saul folks


I set out here to write a prayer - something I'd learn and which would become mine as I learned it better. It may long be a work in progress. A couple of versions are shown here, including a recording. What is going in the latest version is dealing with the heroic event (Saul falls) within the context of circular, mindful time.

Mother Mary


My mother died at the end of February, and was buried and eulogized at the start of March. I am writing this on Easter, a feast she dearly loved, which has always had a strangeness, but quite more so today. She loved the church, and the stories of redemption. Like Saul on the road (above). Just as much she liked the family to gather together, be it a holiday, holyday, or birthday. Thinking now: We ended many get-togethers with Guy Lombardo's "Enjoy Yourself, It's Later Than You Think." - J.V.

No comments: