Sunday, January 01, 2017

Remembering a recording of Hubert Sumlin

Remembering a recording of Hubert Sumlin playing acoustic guitar and talking at my house (1 Eldora) on Mission Hill. WMBR DJ David Herwaldt and a friend in charge. Nobody thought to take the phone of the hook, so when I call from 'the road' the phone rings in the recording. David thought Hubert could be a great acoustic player – which would be the farthest thing from my mind.. and though he did it once and a while, I don’t think it was top of mind for Hubert. Someone brought the guitar for him to use…maybe it was a Martin. Hubert was very sensitive and could go in a cocoon while still talking to you – or playing – which I think he did at times that day. He liked David a lot, however, I should note. - Jack Vaughan

No comments: