Saturday, August 29, 2015

Shine on brightly

photo-guys
Al smiles bravely, Jack looks confused, Jim is all knowing. Aug 2015, San Francisco, 7 Mile.

One week ago. So great to see Al Smiley and his wonderful wife Bev. Who took this picture. Along with the essential curator of futuristic antiquity, Jim Augusta Haas. Al appears and I am happy. How did we get here? Jim Hass says I know just the place. 7 Mile. It was a long road here. And I get there early. So studiously use up time. I look at the nearby Cow Palace (Is this the ugliest building I have ever seen in my life? Is this where Goldwater was nominated? Hard to comprehend.) So I drive up to the part of Mission that Google workers are still avoiding, and get a phone charger at a Walgreens, in case, y'know, someone wanted to call me. And go to 7 Mile. The legend is that this was a stage coach stop. Pony Expressionism. For all I know it was a station on the Canterbury Tales route, cause it has the scent of trouble and hope. But I sit in the corner, and then Jim appears in the other corner (some enchanted evening!) just in more or less from Mexico. And then Al appears. Liked it when he recalled the Shepard plating Research & Development, the smocks and the chrome kazoo. One2Many in NYC. With Ken and Charlie up by Sacred Heart woods. Film art class, which forever make us filme experts, making 'So you want to be a beaver'' at Shoop Park, what songs id they play at the Nitty Gritty ("Hanky Pany'' I say…The (New) Blues Band recalls Al, St. Standing, the Farm, the Draft Lottery. To hear about his birdseye view on the America's Cup and Montery today. Spain! And then Whoosh down this hill . It's the edge of San Francisco and portal to Brisbane. To the airport in 15 minutes.. and winging home. But I remember!One

No comments: