Thursday, March 07, 2024

Pan American Psychism

 


Humanism applied to technology was a mindthrob in my youth - looking to make a mark, I guess. Found odd: Not much mention of it on this blog. But share here a link to the Thread of Humanism on Moon Traveller.

Oddly came to this morning with Pansychism or Panthiesim on my mind. The morning after a Night of Pints. That Pansychism, in opposition to humanism. Got out my Selections from Ancient Irish Poetry [Kuno Meyer]. Asked Google if St Francis was a panthiest [Answer: No, his comment on nature were all straight from Scripture.] 

My guru on humanism is Jacob Bronowski, a part of my directed studies back in the Milwaukee days. I looked him up this morning and, in fact, he had something to say in the panthiest way:

You will die but the carbon will not; its career does not end with you. It will return to the soil, and there a plant may take it up again in time, sending it once more on a cycle of plant and animal life.

Human or Cell? At what level do we want to encounter the Universe, to find a/the way? 

RELATED
A very Cellular SOng - Incredible String Band
Panpsychism - In Our Time, BBC



No comments: