Sunday, March 05, 2017

Again from the Vaults with Feeling: Dreamland Sea Poem

By T.W. Zickcrewe
When I first got to town I went to demarks swing club
They had them shimmy dancers – and them Shakespeare plays







0.
When I got to that town
I found me a home
Glad but I found
the twilight zone

In a halfway house
Stuck halfway
The sun in the morning
was a big red flame

i.

The tie-dyed streets
All looked inviting
I wore some shades
To adjust the lighting

Wandered like a sailor
with a self-distain
so I left that town
for the golden plain.

ii.

The heater I had
would freeze and die
the girls down that way
walked streets on the side


Chased a shimmy dancer
In a Shakespeare play
I left that town
For Fortuna way

iii.

the moon was a sliver
the stars were a wonder
half-sleeping in a dream
I heard Freddy Fender


the caffeine and nicotine
like rich vicuna
they’d fall off their stools
and I’d split Fortuna.

iv.


lumber trucks rolled
to the seaside nightly
all in my sleep
I was stumbling and groaning

I left that town
Id pack and go
Tracing my tracks
Too droll sleepy hollow

v.
I met sallie moss beach
And to No surprise – she broke my heart
But was easy on the eyes

Clipped art from my sorrow
Caught glimpses of my woe.
Winding down the road
With somewhere to go


vi.

I liked it in the zone
Moved on nonetheless
But I left those towns
On a peter pan bus

I heard a blues
& Found a physics text
I got god smacked
And I got god blessed


x.

Oh Fortuna don’t you lie to me
Don’t say Thomas Pynchon was just baking beans

I headed out for the dreamland sea………
I left that town
Cause it bothered me.

No comments: