Saturday, December 19, 2015

Jack's top of the pops for the year of my sweet lord 2015

Actual specific Top of the pops - Fabulous Negrito via Oakland and Jim Haasero!


My year in song - Folk with mad slides rule - Big Rock



Pop Staples' Return Best from the Vaults- [I heard a chord when I was 22, on a high tremolo bawling guitar by its inventor Roebuck Pop Staples. The family sang a song about Christmas. The 25th Day of December (Last Month of the Year). This chord – for now I will say was in the vicinity around an E-flat-minor 7th – was transportational – deriving a bridge out of the ether that made a path from sorrow to heaven. It led me to composition of my own - which puts it high on the inspirational meter.] Not long before he died in 1999, Staples went in the studio with Mavis and sisters Yvonne and Cleotha. This year with embellishment the resulting tracks saw light of day. Just Pops' voice and guitar and Mavis on "Better Home" which tells the greatest story ever told. A fantastic Staples Box Set also appeared in 2015.



Roots of the Velvets - Wolf Hall days



Giving Bob Dylan and A for effort,and for coming down off the pedestal so

 

 Courtney  Barnett from Australia rocks like the best ever - Elevator operator (always a fascination)

 


 Klezmatical - Cocek Brass Band There Goes Schlomo - Only Charles River separates me from these Borsht drinking stompers



Still boppin - Charles Lloyd - released in 2015 - recorded in 2013




Style breakthrough Kamasi Washington

High falutin: The Wind in Hight places - John Luther Adams

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 thing I missed: Xs and Os : Taking her home to see momma but not this Christmas
 


Didnt Find Sam Burckhardt's "FlyOver" on YouTube..but here is the ace in the place!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2014 thing I missed: Elvin Bishop returns to Maurice: The dude cant even do wrong right (apt description of my live as a blogger). Happy New Year, Dreamers & Streamers. - Jack Vaughan

 

No comments: