Monday, January 26, 2015

The Data Blues

About a year ago I began a Data blog (called DataDataData) to expand on things I was learning in my day job. Technology has always been of special interest to me, and data seems to be the front lines for technology again in  the age-old scavenger hunt to find the humanization of science.
Just as often as I have written there about data - it seems - I have returned to feedback, cybernetics, AI and other technology areas, all of which seem to have some bearing on the new big data moment.

Here is a recent piece...Sometime ago I read a review of a book - "The Information: a History, a Theory, a Flood" by James Gleick. The review was by Sam Anderson and appeared in NYT Sunday Magazine June 26, 2011. That whole year was a blur, lately I am discovering, and I find it hard to believe I totally missed this thing. Cause it sees like a semi-mystical tome about technology, which is one of my suits. More

No comments: